I have finally decided to stop getting relaxers and embrace my natural hair. I had my last relaxer at the beginning of June. I am five months into my transition to natural hair. In the last five months, I have learned a lot about my hair. I've expiremented with a variety of protective styles. The following are the styles I've tried out: braids, a straw set, pony tail, bun, roller set, braid out, and a silk wrap. Soon I will try a twist out with some flat twists. Thus far it has been a lot of work to take care of my own hair instead of going to a salon every two weeks. I do intend to find a stylist that can help with my transition. Granted there are days that I've thought about going back to a relaxer; but I've decided to stick it out. The possibilites are endless. There is so much to learn about taking care of my hair. This is an awesome adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment